Your Home's Report Card
Most falls, to no surprise, occur in the bathroom. Prevent that fall before it happens. The risk of slipping on wet bathroom floors makes the bathroom the most dangerous room in the house.
• Add grab bars and railings
• Get a taller, safer toilet
• Improve lighting
• Reduce trip hazards at showers
and tubs (could include roll in showers)
Is your laundry area still in the basement?
More stairs to negotiate while carrying a load of laundry is a recipe for disaster. We’ll help you find a place on the first floor to relocate it. We can help you place a safe ironing facility on the main floor?
Is entering your house dangerous in dark or slippery conditions?
You may never use your front door, but your friends do, Create an attractive, safe and welcoming main entrance to your home with a zero step covered entryway. Include a lighted pathway and motion sensor lighting or dusk to dawn lighting for night. We can help you prevent that fall. We can do a home assessment to help identify the hazards in your home whether you have urgent needs, are planning for the future, or are just interested in making your home more inviting for friends and family.
Is your kitchen more tired than you are?
Sometimes we would rather sit while preparing meals, but our kitchen isn’t designed to allow us. Using Universal Design techniques our designers can create a space with low shelves that roll out, upper shelves that lower for easy reach, and cabinets that allow you to roll under the sink and cook top. We can relocate switches and outlets for easy reach and improving lighting as well. We can reinvent your kitchen making it more functional, beautiful and more valuable. We can recommend the right step stool for you needs.
Doorways and Passageways
• Ever try to turn a doorknob with keys in your hand? Change your doorknobs to levers and this problem is solved.
• Tired of fumbling with door keys? Lets us install a push button entry door lock and just use your personal code. (No more keys)
• Do you tend to trip over that raised threshold at doorways? We can remove that trip hazard with a flat threshold, easy fix.
• Doorways too narrow? We have a fix for that too. We can widen them, change to pocket doors, or just install swing clear hinges. You decide. Do you need a solid entry door, or just a peep hole added at the right height?
• Adding hand rails to both sides of a hallway and stairs is an inexpensive insurance policy. We can help you prevent that fall. Are your windows easy to open? We can repair or replace them, it is up to you.